Oranj users can easily set up a connection with the custodians of their choosing to pull in all of their managed accounts. It only takes a few minutes to begin the process, which allows users to take advantage of a whole host of benefits, including:
- Practice-level AUM, investment performance, and more.
- Managed accounts’ modeling & tactical portfolio alignments.
- Strategist and sub-advised models.
- Client portfolio management using institutional-grade trading and rebalancing features.
Here are instructions on how to get started:
Searching for Your Custodian
Searching for your custodian is a simple process that takes just a few moments. Here’s how you can search for the custodian you wish to connect to:
- Click the Connect Accounts button
- If you haven't connected any accounts yet, you can click any of the Connect Accounts buttons from the widgets on your Home Dash
- If you have already connected accounts and wish to add more, navigate to Accounts on the left-hand navigation panel. The Connect Accounts button is on the top-right of your accounts grids
- Select from the list of common custodial connections or search for your custodian by entering the custodian’s name into the search box.
- After selecting your custodian, provide the username and password associated with your typical login process at your custodian.
- Please note, some custodians require a few extra offline steps in order to successfully connect your accounts to the Oranj platform. These custodians and the brief instructions are listed below.
Once you submit your custodian’s login information, Oranj will connect all associated managed accounts to your Oranj profile. Most connections will automatically add accounts to your platform, but a few sources may require you to enter in an account name and number in order to successfully establish a connection. DST Vision and APEX are the two most popular custodians that require this process.
Did you get alerted to additional offline steps to establish a connection to your custodian? Locate your custodian below to view instructions on how to get started.
It only takes a few quick steps to begin the process of setting up a direct connection with Charles Schwab. Here’s how to get started:
- Fill out the Adviser template and make sure to follow the instructions on the first page of this document.
- Submit your completed to your Oranj relationship manager or email@example.com and Oranj will coordinate with Schwab TCS Operations to process your request.
- Once the form has been fully processed, you will receive an email from (ByAllAccounts email address) that contains your password, which will be the same for each master account number that you submitted.
- Once you have received your password, log into your Oranj platform, click the Admin option in the main navigation bar, and select the Custodian Settings tab. Once here, click Connect Accounts, select the Charles Schwab option, enter in the master account number you wish to connect with the password that was sent to you, and click Connect
Not authorized to complete the letter? Click here to send an email to the right person at your firm who can fill out the letter on your behalf.
Oranj integrates directly with TD Ameritrade to connect your managed accounts to your platform, and can be done entirely within Oranj. It only takes 4 quick steps to complete the process:
- Within Oranj, navigate to Accounts on the left-hand navigation panel. Select Connect Accounts and choose TD Ameritrade.
- Download and complete the attached form, making sure to include the written signature of your firm’s principal and list the rep code(s) you want added to your platform.
- Select Next and use the Upload button to select the file and upload a copy of the completed & signed form. Additionally, input the requested rep code(s) below. You can add multiple rep codes by clicking Add New Rep Code.
- Clicking Next will automatically submit your completed form via email to TD Ameritrade. Please allow 2-4 business days for the form to be processed and for your accounts to appear on the platform. The email address associated with your Oranj profile will be copied on the request.
Have questions about our direct integration with TD Ameritrade? Check out this FAQ.
Fidelity and NFS
It only takes a few quick steps to begin the process of setting up a direct connection with Fidelity or NFS. Here’s how to get started:
- Download the Vendor Transmission Request (VTR) form on WealthScape. This can be found under the Service section in the Forms Library. When filling out the VTR form, enter “ByAllAccounts FILE IDs 180 and 387” in the vendor name section. Please make sure that the form is completed and signed by an authorized signer at your firm; a Principal or higher.
- Submit your completed VTR form in WealthScape under the Service Center section. Select Service Center, then Product Support, then Platform Integration, then Third Party Transmission Request.
- Let your Oranj sales representative know when you’ve completed the steps above and we’ll take it from there!
It only takes a few quick steps to begin the process of setting up a direct connection between Interactive Brokers and your Oranj account. Here’s how to get started:
- Obtain access to Interactive Brokers’ account feed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request being set up with a Morningstar ByAllAccounts feed via a new FTP login. Interactive Brokers will need your name, the name of your firm, and the last four digits of your Interactive Brokers account number (this is your adviser master account number).
- Once Interactive Brokers sets up your file downloads and provides you with your FTP access credential, you can enter them directly and securely into our system for aggregation (Step 3).
- Within Oranj, navigate to Accounts on the left-hand navigation panel. Select Add New Custodian and choose Interactive Brokers.
- Enter the username and password you received in Step 2 above.
Don’t see the option to connect accounts to your platform?
In order to connect your managed accounts to your platform, you need to have Firm Admin permissions. If you do not see this option, please contact your Firm Admin and request updating your permissions.