Oranj users can set up a connection with their custodian or multiple custodians to pull in their managed accounts. It only takes a few minutes to begin the process, and allows users to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Practice-Level AUM, Investment Performance, & More
- Managed Accounts' Modeling & Tactical Portfolio Alignments
- Strategist & Sub-advised Models
- Client Portfolio Management with Institutional-Grade Rebalancing & Trading Features
Searching for Your Custodian:
Searching for your custodian is a simple and intuitive process. Here’s how you can search for the custodian you wish to connect to:
- Click the Connect Accounts button
- If you haven't connected any accounts yet, you can click any of the Connect Accounts buttons from the widgets on your Home Dash or Accounts Page
- If you have already connected accounts and wish to add more, navigate to Accounts on the left-hand navigation panel. Click the Accounts Settings button is on the top-right of your accounts grid. The Connect Accounts button is in the top right of this Settings view.
- Select from the list of Common Custodial Connections or Search for your Custodian by entering the custodian’s name into the search box.
- After selecting your custodian, provide the username and password associated with your typical login process at your custodian.
- Please note: Some custodians require a few extra offline steps in order to successfully connect your accounts to the Oranj platform. These custodians and the brief instructions are listed below.
Once you submit your custodian’s login information, Oranj will connect all associated managed accounts to your Oranj profile. Most connections will automatically add accounts to your platform, but a few sources may require you to enter in an account name and number in order to successfully establish a connection. DST Vision and APEX are the two most popular custodians that require this process.
Did you get alerted to additional offline steps to establish a connection to your custodian? Locate your custodian below to view instructions on how to get started.
It only takes a few quick steps to begin the process of setting up a direct connection with Charles Schwab. Here’s how to get started:
- Fill out the "Schwab 4th Party Advisor Acknowledgment" form and make sure to follow the instructions on the first page of the document.
- Submit the completed form to your Oranj Client Success Manager via email and Oranj will coordinate with the Schwab TCS Operations team to process your request.
- Once the form is processed you will be notified by your Oranj Client Success Manager.
- Within a few days of the form being processed, you will receive an email that contains the password required to connect to your accounts. Please note: This password will be the same for each Master Account # that you submitted.
- Once you have received your password, log into your Oranj platform, navigate to Accounts on the left-hand navigation panel. Click the Accounts Settings button on the top-right of your Accounts Grid. Click the Connect Accounts button on the top-right of the Settings View. Select the Charles Schwab option from the list of common custodial connections, enter the Master Account # you wish to connect along with the password that was sent to you by Schwab, click Connect.
Not authorized to complete the letter? Click here to send an email to an authorized person at your firm who can fill out the letter on your behalf.
Oranj integrates directly with TD Ameritrade to connect your managed accounts into Oranj. This is a 4-step process and can be done entirely within the Oranj system.
- Within Oranj, navigate to Accounts on the left-hand navigation panel. Select Connect Accounts and choose TD Ameritrade.
- Download and complete the "TD Ameritrade Release of Information" form,
- Please note: It is required to include:
- Wet signature of your firm’s principal
- List the rep code(s) you want added to your Oranj platform.
- Please note: It is required to include:
- Select Next
- Upload a completed copy of the TD Ameritrade Release of Information form
- Input the requested rep code(s) that are at the bottom of the form. Please note: You can add multiple rep codes by clicking Add New Rep Code.
- Clicking Next will automatically submit your completed form via email to TD Ameritrade.
- Note: Please allow 3-5 business days for the form to be processed and for your accounts to appear on the platform. The email address associated with your Oranj profile will be copied on the request.
Have questions about our direct integration with TD Ameritrade? Check out this FAQ.
Fidelity and NFS
It only takes a few quick steps to begin the process of setting up a direct connection with Fidelity or NFS. Here’s how to get started:
- Download the "Vendor Transmission Request (VTR)" form on WealthScape. (Found under the Service section in the Forms Library.)
- Fill out the "VTR" form:
- Enter “ByAllAccounts FILE IDs 180 and 387” in the Vendor Name section.
- Confirm form is completed and signed by an authorized signer at your firm; a Principal or higher.
- Submit your completed VTR form inside WealthScape under the Service Center section. Select Service Center, then Product Support, then Platform Integration, then Third-Party Transmission Request.
- Let your Oranj Client Success Manager know when you’ve completed the steps above and they will take it from there!
It only takes a few steps to begin the process of setting up a direct connection between Oranj and Interactive Brokers. Here’s how to get started:
- Obtain access to Interactive Brokers’ account feed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the email you will need to request being "setup with a Morningstar ByAllAccounts feed via a new FTP login".
- Interactive Brokers will also need your:
- First and Last name
- Name of your firm
- Last 4 digits of your Interactive Brokers Account # (your advisor Master Account #).
- Once Interactive Brokers sets up your file downloads and provides you with your FTP Access Credential, you will need to enter them directly and securely into Oranj for aggregation.
- To enter the FTP Access Credentials within Oranj, navigate to Accounts on the left-hand navigation panel. Click the Accounts Settings button on the top-right of your Accounts Grid. Click the Connect Accounts button on the top-right of this Settings View. Enter the FTP Access Credentials username and password you received from Interactive Brokers.
It only takes a few steps to begin the process of setting up a direct connection between Oranj and Pershing. Here’s how to get started:
- Contact your Pershing Account Manager to initiate the process of getting a User ID setup for your Pershing connection. Pershing’s Technology Help Desk is also available for these requests at (888) 878-3142 or (732) 662-2150.
- If you do not have a Pershing Account Manager, contact your Home Office for assistance. Please note: For Advisors not on Pershing's Advisor Services channel, your broker dealer may incur additional charges from Pershing.
- Request that the following files are configured for your connection:
- ACCT/ACCF (accounts)
- ACTV (money fund activity)
- FUN (balances)
- GACT (bookkeeping)
- GCUS (position)
- GMON (money mark balance)
- ISCA (securities)
- ISRC/SRCD (source codes)
- POTL (tax lot).
- Once processed, you will receive a UserID and Password from Pershing. Use those credentials to log into your Oranj platform. Navigate to Accounts on the left-hand navigation panel. Click the Accounts Settings button on the top-right of your Accounts Grid. Click the Connect Accounts button on the top-right of this Settings View. Select the Pershing InfoDirect option from the list of Common Custodial Connections, enter your credentials, and click Connect.
Accounts newly added to the Pershing feed will have to wait until the next full refresh file is available. Pershing posts the full refresh file on a weekly basis (usually on Saturdays). Going forward, the new accounts will update normally each day.
Don’t see the option to connect accounts to your platform?
In order to connect your managed accounts to your Oranj platform, you need to have Firm Admin permissions within Oranj. If you do not see this option, please contact your Firm Admin and request updating your permissions.