The Investment Report provides a detailed overview of the accounts your advisor manages, over a time frame that your advisor has specified. Throughout the report, you will find a wealth of information to help you understand your household’s financial picture.
Certain data points may only be available for select custodians. For information on what data points are available for accounts, refer to the article Features Supported By Financial Institution.
The investment summary is a concise overview of how your investment accounts have changed. Here, you will find the:
- Beginning Balance - The market value of all of your investment accounts at the start of the period specified on your report.
- Balance Change - The difference in balance between the start of the reporting period and the end of the reporting period.
- Dividends & Interest* - The sum of all inflows of dividends and interest on your investment accounts.
- Net Contributions & Withdrawals* - The sum of all cash deposits, withdrawals and transfers on your household accounts over the specified period.
- Management Fees** - The sum of fees charged by your advisor during the specified report period.
- Ending Balance - The market value of all of your household’s investment accounts at the end of the period specified on your report.
* This data is only available for accounts with TD Ameritrade or Charles Schwab
**This data is only available for accounts with TD Ameritrade
The asset allocation chart displays the distribution of your invested assets by asset class, at the end of the reporting period.
The balance history chart provides a glanceable overview of variations in the market value of your household investment accounts over the specified period.
The account details page offers an account and portfolio level breakdown of the statistics seen in the Investment Summary.
Depending on when an account was opened or closed within the specified time frame, some data may be only partially displayed. Additionally, Dividends & Interest and Net Contributions are only available for accounts with TD Ameritrade and Charles Schwab.
The performance page offers data on the performance of your accounts over your report’s time frame. In addition to the starting balance and ending balance seen elsewhere in the report, the following information can also be seen for each account:
- Balance Change - The dollar amount change in balance during the reporting period.
- Gross Return - The calculated Time-Weighted Rate of Return that excludes the impact of the deduction of any fees or taxes on an account's performance.
- Net Return - The calculated net-of-fees Time-Weighted Rate of Return. This includes the impact of any fees or taxes on an account's performance.
These statistics are available for accounts with TD Ameritrade and Charles Schwab:
Asset Class Details
The asset class details page provides an in-depth view of the data summarized in the Asset Allocation chart. Here you can see all of your investment positions organized by their asset categorization and the associated level investment. This includes the market value and the percent share of this position within your household's portfolio.